Elder LaRocco and I have had a record breaking week here in the Scottsdale North Stake! We have taught more lessons, found more new investigators, and set more baptismal dates that either of us had done in the area so far! We have been truly blessed for our efforts and know that the Lord is the reason why so many great things are happening!
We found a new guy named Mark! He is awesome! We taught him the Restoration on Wednesday and set a baptismal date with him for January 28th! He is dating a member of the church who introduced him to us and who also gave him several books to read! He loves to read and is already finished with Alma in the Book of Mormon. He lives in a really really nice neighborhood in Fountain Hills, AZ and drives 2 really nice cars, I will have to send some pictures of them next week. We are so lucky to be the missionaries who are able to teach him and help him become a member of the church.
We also found 2 children over 9 years old to teach, one is 11 and his name is Mai'Quel. His dad is a member and is excited to baptize him sometime soon, probably within the next few months. Then we found Quincy, who's mother is a member and she is so dang smart for being 9 years old!
Fast Sunday made this week complete though! We had been working so hard and teaching so much that it felt really nice to fast in gratitude for the blessings that we had been given. I bore my testimony and felt really great after doing that! I could fully feel the spirit of my calling as a missionary this week and I know that the Lord will continue to bless this area as I continue to be obedient to the mission rules and the commandments.
- Elder Thomas
Monday, January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment