Well, January is already over and I can't believe it! It has been a great month and I hope to continue with the momentum of what has been happening and to apply it towards our efforts this February. I have a new companion now, his name is Elder Ronnenberg and his is from Slagelse, Denmark! (yes, I had to ask him how to spell the city). He is great and we are getting along wonderfully! It has been a long time since the last time that I trained a missionary and it has been brought back to my remembrance how much responsibility is immediately put on my shoulders. I am okay with it - it just caught me off guard. He is the 7th of 9 children in his family and the 5th to serve a mission. He is the first one to serve outside of Europe and the first to be in the United States. He loves it here and has been astonished again and again by the wealth in our area. It is fun to compare the differences between our two countries and I enjoy helping him learn and understand new words. He speaks great English because they start learning it in the 3rd grade, but sometimes American "English" is different than the traditional UK English and I have to explain what that means. It has really shown me how much slang and how many improper things we use throughout the day.
We are excited to keep things moving forward here. Our wards are all excited about the baptisms that we have been having and we hope to use that excitement to our advantage. I am still working my hardest and that will never change! Members here are giving me pep talks and trying to make me trunky, but I won't let it happen. Keep praying for us and have faith that we can all do miracles. Thanks for all your love and support.
- Elder Thomas
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment