As February comes to a close we have been able to witness many wonderful things come our way! I am so grateful for the success that I continue to see and know that it always comes through obedience to the commandments and by doing all that is in our power. (D&C 123:17)
Something amazing happened to us on Saturday of this last week! We got a call from Bishop and he told us that there is a family in his ward that is going to be filmed for a documentary about their conversion story. They were converted by a video on Mormon.org called "Dayton's legs" (look it up if you haven't seen it) and so the KSL crew from salt lake was flying down to re-enact what happened. Bishop asked us if we would be willing to re-enact the missionary lessons that the family had! We had the honor to sit and teach this family while we were filmed. They will be editing all the footage quickly and the documentary will premier between the morning and afternoon sessions of general conference this April! It is about a woman named Traci and how she watched that video and couldn't believe that there were such good young men in the world and wanted her son to have the same things in his life. Such a great story! Be sure to look for me! :)
We had a baptism this weekend for Quincy! She is the 9 year old who is super hyper, but a blast to teach! I loved teaching her and helping her obtain the blessings of the gospel! She was baptized in Las Vegas so we weren't able to attend (dang!), but I am sure that it was a great service.
We received 2 referrals from mormon.org this week and that is really exciting, because those people referred themselves and want to know more about the restored gospel! I am stoked for this coming week, please pray that it will be a great one for us!
I cannot believe how fast the time is going by! Every time I look at the calendar I feel like the time is slipping in between my fingertips. I pray that I will be able to accomplish all that the Lord has for me while I am here! Have a super week!
Our hike up to the indian hieroglyphs:
Examples of the hieroglyphs:
We stopped by a lake on our way home and it reminded me a lot of Immigrant lake! Super nice!
Mark at the lake! (zoom in on his knees to check out those scars! ouch!)
Mark Wilde's truck!
-Elder Thomas
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment