This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Very Full Week!

Sooooo many things happened since the last time that I emailed that I don't even know where to begin! I will do my best to tell you everything that occurred.

Last Monday after I emailed you all we went as a district to the Los Angeles Angels vs. The Colorado Rockies! We had amazing seats for the game just behind home plate! I felt like if I were to yell loud enough that the person batting would miss!

It was great, and I was able to explain how baseball worked to Elder Ronnenberg because he had never seen the sport before. After the 4th inning the Rockies were losing and Jeremy texted me and asked if we would like a tour of the clubhouse and facilities, so we went and did that. We were in the team room with the rest of the players who were not currently out on the field. They were laughing and having a good time, some were even watching snowboarding on the TV, I thought that was pretty funny since they were all baseball players. Then he took us to one of their practice fields and gave us each a ball and signed them for us! It was an amazing experience.
Me & Jeremy





The same day as the baseball game we got a voicemail from an investigator named Maitreyi. She said, "Elders please call me back, I have something I would like to talk about."....So we did and she told us, " I have been doing a lot of Praying and Studying and...I want to be baptized!" We were so excited for her because she has been investigating the church for over a year now! We told her that she has to get permission from her husband to get baptized and said that she would call us back after she had asked him. He doesn't believe in God, so we were quite nervous for her. The very next day, Tuesday, she called us and told us that her husband said, " I am not happy, but it is your choice....just don't drag me into it." So we then talked about a date that it could happen on. She asked when I was leaving and I told her and she sounded really bummed and didn't think it could happen in that time frame. I told her "of course it can! How about on the 14th?" She accepted and asked if missionaries were allowed to baptize, I think that she is going to ask me to do it, but we'll see. How sweet is that?

Wednesday was an interesting day. I received a lot of mail which is weird for me at this point in my mission, but among it all was a package from my parents with Banana bread in it! Yum! Elder Ronnenberg now thinks that my dad is a professional chef because of how good it was. I shared with him and it lasted a couple hours...if that. Then one of the letters I got really surprised me, I received my Flight plans for my return trip home. Missionaries call them trunky papers here! I wasn't prepared to get them that day, but after I opened them up and read them a couple of times I had a bunch of mixed emotions. Such a weird feeling to actually be the missionary who is getting them because last time it was my companion Elder Hadley who got his and I didn't really care all that much. Reality is starting to hit me of how much time I have left.

Zone Development Meeting occupied most of the day on Thursday, we had some great trainings and talks and we also got to interview with President Ellsworth. Except he was running late for an appointment and so I was the only one who didn't get an interview. He told me that he would try to get me in for an interview in the next couple of days, but if not he would just see me for my departure interview on the 14th. During the Meeting I gave a talk about being courteous, on time and dependable, I thought that it went very well. Then at the very end of the meeting I was asked to stand in front of the Zone and to bear my testimony because that is the tradition for your last Zone meeting to do so. I don't remember much of what I said, but it was something about how if we don't apply the things that we have learned on our mission that we have wasted a whole bunch of time.

The Wright children were baptized on Saturday at 2pm!
They all looked great for the service and I really felt the spirit as the speakers gave their thoughts. I was able to confirm Kennedy (The taller girl) and it was awesome because she is the anchor of the family. She really knows the gospel and is a great help to her mom. She was blessed to be able to help and provide stability to the family, such a testimony builder for me.

Sunday we had 2 miracles. A woman showed up to church who we had never met before, her name is Karen and she stood to bear her testimony. She introduced herself and at the very end added, " .. and I might be getting baptized." So Sunday night we took her to a baptismal service for a 8 year old child and I think she really enjoyed it. We have 2 appointments set up with her for this week. Also, someone that we have been working with for 3 months now finally set a date for his baptism. His name is Kolt and his family is just really busy. He is 15 years old and will be baptized on April 2nd. What blessings come from fasting!!!

Here's a list of upcoming baptisms:

April 2nd - Kolt
April 6th - Sarah
April 6th - Robert
April 14th - Maitreyi

Elder Ronnenberg just snapped this pic randomly as I was talking on the phone.

I love you all! thank you for your support.

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment